Saturday, September 19, 2009

WHAT CAN THIS BE???


Shelby, Brittany and I ran up to Wegman's by the Great Northern Mall and as we drove by I caught something out of the corner of my eye....what was that? They did not see it so I actually made a u turn at the next light to make another pass ~ if you know that road it is fast moving so the next time I turned around in the back parking lot to look at the back side of it ??? What is it??? As I got closer the thing got bigger ~ these pictures do it no justice. I grabbed my camera out of my purse, which I have been keeping in my purse lately, and made another u turn. By this time, I was not the only car trying to figure out what the BIG WHITE SPOTTED thing was. Oh my gosh, it is a huge White Spotted Snowy Owl. You do not usually see these incredible birds around here unless you go to the Zoo. I am so glad we were able to get these pictures but wished I was able to get out of the car to get closer. I did not want to get rear ended on route 31 but this definitely was exciting to see and was happy to get these 3 quick photo's of this majestic bird. I thought for sure it would be on the news that night but maybe I was the only one that had a camera on that at the time this bird decided to make a stop. We went back the next day but of course it was not there. The kids said I should have called the Zoo or channel 9. Oh well, only a few of us got to enjoy such splendor!!! I would guess if I got up close to it, it would have been up between my knee and thigh.

If you have zoom you have to get closer to look at this beautiful bird!!!






No comments:

Race day at Palymra, New York

Race day at Palymra, New York
out front

Hello Rock to Eye

Hello Rock to Eye
that is why we wear goggles ~ was a pretty good shinner the next day!

Eye

Eye
we had to put tons of makeup on to tone the eye down a bit for the upcoming wedding of Ryan and Amanda