Wednesday, November 19, 2008

OKAY, who was singing ~Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow? Thanks alot...someone was listening!!!

Okay, so if you read my earlier post you would know how nervous I get driving in snow storms especially the first one of the season. No one seems to know how to drive in the first storm. And of course I had to drive Sunny to Syracuse for his 9:30 appointment. I was happy that I filled the car with gas the night before because it took me 38 minutes to drive from Fulton to the Phoenix exit. That seems to be the point all the time where the weather clears....thank goodness. For some reason the plows had not made a pass yet through Fulton and I kept telling Sunny it would get better once we hit I-81....but NOT.....it was so stressful. Sunny kept telling me that he would drive....hahahha Mr. Need for Speed....I think not I told him....no experience of driving in snow. I told him I would take my chances, after all I have been driving for 35 years with NO accidents or tickets. We made it safely to his appointment but of course everyone there kept asking what happened to his nose and not his knee :-)
Shelby was so excited for the snow and could not wait to go out and make the first snowman of the winter...actually I think he did a great job.

His snowman has quite the character with plump cheeks.


and the buds from my magnolia tree as buttons for his chest. Does this mean WINTER is going to be long and record breaking snow falls again? Please NO not this year...we are home for the winter....dreaming of Georgia's warm weather!



1 comment:

♥The Drake Family♥ said...

can you believe all the snow?! i think we are doomed, lol. i am one that is way too stressed out behind the wheel when there is a little snow on the ground :) i'm good on the snow until dec 26th! then i hit a depression and i want it gone, haha. poor sunny! it is the quite the hunting story though. hopefully he has better luck next time, lol. love you!!

Race day at Palymra, New York

Race day at Palymra, New York
out front

Hello Rock to Eye

Hello Rock to Eye
that is why we wear goggles ~ was a pretty good shinner the next day!

Eye

Eye
we had to put tons of makeup on to tone the eye down a bit for the upcoming wedding of Ryan and Amanda